The Social Media Officer is responsible for creating social media calendars, keep social media accounts updated and analyse analytics of posts.
Director of Communications
Term of position:
Reviewed after 1 year
Type of role:
Responsibilities & Duties
• Manage the social media calendar.
• Brainstorm campaign ideas.
• Post on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Analyse analytics to gauge the success of campaigns.
• Producing content to be posted online.
• Increasing traffic and appealing to target audiences.
• Creating posts, pages, and applications to attract customers.
• Using programming skills to build pages and applications.
• Measuring key performance indicators.
• Must play an active role in engaging in Melanin Medics Projects, for the operational year
• Excellent knowledge of social media platforms.
• Creative mindset.
• Creativity and basic Graphic Design skills.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Be able to produce original ideas.
• Ability to multitask.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Prior experience with marketing or social media.
Desirable Selection Criteria
• Experience working in a not-for-profit organisation or charity role with exposure to the not-for- profit sector would be an advantage
• Knowledge of analytical tools.
• Proficiency in Marketing disciplines.
• Reports to the Director of Communications
• Manages significant projects and/or functions, including responsibility within the organisation for
social media image
• Works closely with: Director of Communications and other social media officer
Melanin Medics is a non-profit charitable organisation for the present and future African and Caribbean doctor. Our mission is to promote diversity in Medicine, widen aspirations and aid career progression through educational programmes, social empowerment and valuable resources. We are focused on implementing positive, practical solutions to support African and Caribbean aspiring medics, medical students and doctors in the UK who have been found to face a number of challenges on their career journeys.
Founded in 2017, Melanin Medics serves over 1000 members collectively within our networks of aspiring medics, medical students and doctors. Melanin Medics is committed to being a representative voice for both the current and future African and Caribbean doctor in the UK.
We believe that the power of our organisation comes from the passionate people who believe in our mission and similarly desire to make a difference to those around them. Melanin Medics is a rewarding working environment that provides our team with a strong sense of achievement and recognition for the important work we do.