The Programmes Officer works closely with the Director of Programmes to create and implement pre-existing and new programmes. in addition to this, you will also be responsible for developing and overseeing a training programme for our volunteers that participate in the programmes and events.
Director of Communications
Term of position:
Reviewed after 1 year
Type of role:
Responsibilities & Duties
• Delivering and overseeing one of the Melanin Medics programmes e.g. Envision Med, Enrichment Programme, SurgIn: The Lewin Programme
• Create training programs and prepare any learning materials needed
• Conduct surveys to judge how programs are received and if changes are needed
• Delivering and overseeing the training of volunteers
• Compiling and presenting information
• Implementing, advising on and monitoring appraisal schemes
• Supervising and monitoring progress made via training programmes or schemes
• Ensuring volunteers receive statutory required training
• Designing and assessing training programmes
• Experience of organising and leading several outreach events
• Outstanding written communication and presentation skills
• Excellent teamwork and organisational skills
• Strong experience preparing reports
• Friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude
• Ability to develop programmes
• Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Desirable Selection Criteria
• Experience working in a not-for-profit organisation or charity role with exposure to the not-for-profit sector would be an advantage
• Reports to the Director of Programmes
• Manages significant projects and/or functions, including responsibility within the organisation for outreach and volunteer recruitment
• Works closely with: Programmes Team and Outreach Officer
Melanin Medics is a non-profit charitable organisation for the present and future African and Caribbean doctor. Our mission is to promote diversity in Medicine, widen aspirations and aid career progression through educational programmes, social empowerment and valuable resources. We are focused on implementing positive, practical solutions to support African and Caribbean aspiring medics, medical students and doctors in the UK who have been found to face a number of challenges on their career journeys.
Founded in 2017, Melanin Medics serves over 1000 members collectively within our networks of aspiring medics, medical students and doctors. Melanin Medics is committed to being a representative voice for both the current and future African and Caribbean doctor in the UK.
We believe that the power of our organisation comes from the passionate people who believe in our mission and similarly desire to make a difference to those around them. Melanin Medics is a rewarding working environment that provides our team with a strong sense of achievement and recognition for the important work we do.