Events Officers will work closely with the Director of Events to create and execute events. They are responsible for running a range of events, ensuring the target audience is engaged and the message of the event is marketed properly. Events have played a significant role in the success of our charity. They will manage the whole process from conception and planning, through to running the event and evaluation post event. This role is a great opportunity to develop organisation, planning and people management skills.
Director of Events
Term of position:
Reviewed after 1 year
Type of role:
Responsibilities & Duties
• Creating and proposing event concepts and themes that suit our audience requirements and presenting proposals by deadline
• Liaising with the Director of Events and the Finance team to prepare event budgets and processing invoices.
• Researching and booking venues.
• Organizing suppliers, caterers, staff, and entertainment.
• Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues.
• Coordinating all logistical elements of the event on the day of, including problem solving, communicating with staff and organising vendors
• Managing set-up, tear-down, and clean-up operations.
• Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur.
• Developing post-event reports on the effectiveness of each event to inform future events.
• Experience in project management with a track record of successful events.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask under pressure.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Personal Characteristics: Organisation, Time management, Attention to detail, Team oriented, Flexibility, Enthusiasm and creativity.
Desirable Selection Criteria
• Experience working in a not-for-profit organisation or charity role with exposure to the not-for-profit sector would be an advantage
• Event planning Experience
• Reports to the Director of Events
• Manages significant projects and/or functions, including responsibility within the organisation for event coordination
• Works closely with Communications team
Melanin Medics is a non-profit charitable organisation for the present and future African and Caribbean doctor. Our mission is to promote diversity in Medicine, widen aspirations and aid career progression through educational programmes, social empowerment and valuable resources. We are focused on implementing positive, practical solutions to support African and Caribbean aspiring medics, medical students and doctors in the UK who have been found to face a number of challenges on their career journeys.
Founded in 2017, Melanin Medics serves over 1000 members collectively within our networks of aspiring medics, medical students and doctors. Melanin Medics is committed to being a representative voice for both the current and future African and Caribbean doctor in the UK.
We believe that the power of our organisation comes from the passionate people who believe in our mission and similarly desire to make a difference to those around them. Melanin Medics is a rewarding working environment that provides our team with a strong sense of achievement and recognition for the important work we do.