The Communications Officer is responsible for developing and distributing information to promote the organisation.
Director of Communications
Term of position:
Reviewed after 1 year
Type of role:
Responsibilities & Duties
• Support the development and delivery of marketing and communication plans to promote our reports, events and other products to our target audiences.
• Work closely with teams across the organisation to commission, develop and edit content for our communications channels including the website, blog, social media and newsletters.
• Lead on information bulletins that go to our members, provide training and offer support and expertise to colleagues using the Campaign Monitor email platform, advising on style, branding, content and analytics.
• Support on all aspects of the production of digital and print publications
• Plan social media campaigns for specific projects and products
• Support the Director of communications to coordinate marketing activity across all channels for the annual events programme, including our flagship annual conference and events.
• Support with reviewing and updating member data in the customer relationship management system.
• Collect a range of performance indicators that will enable us to monitor and evaluate the impact of our communications activities
• Review the use of new and emerging technology that can be used to strengthen digital communication strategies.
• Support the team with ad hoc administrative duties as required
• Must play an active role in engaging in Melanin Medics Projects, for the operational year
• Methodical thinker with detailed research proficiencies
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office
• Ability to manage databases
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• The ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
• Effective communication skills
Desirable Selection Criteria
• Experience working in a not-for-profit organisation or charity role with exposure to the not-for-profit sector would be an advantage
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with leadership team
• Reports to the Director of Communications
• Manages significant projects and/or functions, including responsibility within the organisation for external/internal communications
• Works closely with: Director of Communications
Melanin Medics is a non-profit charitable organisation for the present and future African and Caribbean doctor. Our mission is to promote diversity in Medicine, widen aspirations and aid career progression through educational programmes, social empowerment and valuable resources. We are focused on implementing positive, practical solutions to support African and Caribbean aspiring medics, medical students and doctors in the UK who have been found to face a number of challenges on their career journeys.
Founded in 2017, Melanin Medics serves over 1000 members collectively within our networks of aspiring medics, medical students and doctors. Melanin Medics is committed to being a representative voice for both the current and future African and Caribbean doctor in the UK.
We believe that the power of our organisation comes from the passionate people who believe in our mission and similarly desire to make a difference to those around them. Melanin Medics is a rewarding working environment that provides our team with a strong sense of achievement and recognition for the important work we do.