MEDICAL SCHOOL REPRESENTATIVE
The Medical School Representative works to champion our cause in their respective university. We believe it is imperative for the African-Caribbeans medical students to support each other and cultivate an environment that will ultimately breed success. This role lasts for 1 academic year. Our Medical School Representatives are here to help, if you have any issues, worries or concerns or maybe you need some tip, feel free to contact them.
Become a 2019/20 Medical School Representative!
The Representative works closely with the Melanin Medics team as a point of contact for their respective medical school, ensuring the views and experiences of the African-Caribbean medical student body are heard and valued.
Must be a member of our Medical Students Network
Must be studying at a UK Medical School
Must be in 2nd year or above
As this role is flexible, here are some suggestions of things you may do with the support of the Melanin Medics Team:
- Organise study sessions
- Organise socials
- Facilitate networking events with healthcare professionals in your region
- Organise outreach events with the support of the MM Team
What’s is in it for me?
- Excellent experience
- Develop great transferable skills
- A chance to network and build relationships with African Caribbean Medical Students & Doctors
- A chance to create positive change for African Caribbean medical students
- Have a say in what national events we do
- Discounted entry to our events
Key Skills for MM Representatives
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Approachable/ Friendly
- Willing to learn