Sat, 20 May|
Thrive Power Circles: Session 3
Thrive Power Circles is a five series event designed by Ms Karen Joash aimed to create a psychologically safe place for doctors to thrive. Brought to you by Melanin Medics, Black Female Doctors and Modern Day Medics.
Time & Location
20 May, 10:00 – 12:00
About The Event
Thrive Power Circles is a five series event designed by Ms Karen Joash aimed to create a psychologically safe place for doctors to thrive.
THRIVE POWER CIRCLES - 5 SESSION SERIES
Session one - My World
- Developing self-awareness and sustaining commitment. Understanding the cultural challenges in the NHS - and overcoming them
- Inclusion and Integration/Understanding of self – character/values assessment
- Cultural assessment/change management/ Overcoming obstacles / The power of diversity
Session two - My Career
- Planning career growth, navigating goals and strategies
Planning your career from a diversity perspective – the secret factor
- Mentorship/Sponsorship/ Commitment/growth mindset
- A portfolio career – academia, business, post graduate education, clinical
Session three - My Life
- Maintaining work-life balance and personal health, managing life changes
- Maintaining a work-life balance, personal health, family health and Flourishing
- Healthy Diet/Balancing exercise and work/ Rest and relaxation
- Financial Health/Family goals/Life journey/Planning
Session four - My Craft
- Developing functional and technical skills, innovating and achieving excellence.
Developing your skills and innovating – USP
- Non-technical skills/Technical skills/Quality improvement
- Innovation application in and outside the NHS/Your unique selling point
Session five - My style
Leadership as a person of colour- perspective – Embracing yourself
- Your leadership style – self-awareness/The cultural perspective – self love /positive psychology
- Team dynamics – understanding other cultures /Presentation and communication – Being yourself.
Dates for subsequent sessions will be announced in due course so WATCH THE SPACE! To fully benefit from these sessions, we encourgage you to comit to attending all 5 sessions.
Ms Karen Joash is a Multi-Award winning Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Head of London School of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Executive Board Member of Royal College of Psychiatry Perinatal Mental Health and a member of the London Maternity Mortality & Morbidity board. She is also an advisor on the midwifery led units UkMidds, RCOG perinatal mental health course director, Founder of the PRISM course and Pelvic Health Implementation Project Lead. She is Pandas Club Clinical Advisor, Mentor, Educator and a Mum of 3. She is passionate about lifestyle medicine. She's also an entrepreneur and a member of the RCOG Race Equality Taskforce - differential attainment subgroup.