Learning from mistakes
Time & Location
About The Event
This webinar will focus on 'Learning from mistakes'; highlighting some of the common mistakes medical students and junior doctors make during their education and training and promoting forms of career support and wellbeing support available when mistakes have been made.
Overview of the Event: The event will be split into two components.
- Session 1 will be a talk led by guest speaker Dr Jeeves Wijesuriya
- Session 2 will be an interactive workshop session facilitated by Hannah Bignell from the Medical Defence Union (MDU); which will incorporate the use of real-life case studies and breakout group discussions.
We will explore:
- Common mistakes medical students and junior doctors made during education and training
- The importance of displaying candour and accepting a mistake has been made
- The impact of mistakes on individuals and the wider community involved
- Where and how to seek help when an error has occurred
- The importance of reflective practise when learning from mistakes
- How to look after your wellbeing when a mistake has been made
- Practical steps to prevent mental ill health following a mistake
This Webinar is part of the Mind Us Education Wellbeing series. The 5-Part wellbeing webinar series aims to improve the mental health literacy of Black African Caribbean Medical Students and Doctors. Whilst the webinar has been tailored and designed in accordance with The Enrichment Programme, the Session is open to the general public.
Introduction & Welcome
Session 1 with Dr Jeeves Wijesuriya
- Medical Student Ticket£0£00£0
- Doctor Ticket£0£00£0
- Enrichment Programme Student£0£00£0
- General Ticket£0£00£0